To become eligible to obtain a BROKER license in Alabama, an applicant who does not hold a current real estate license in another state must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or legally present in the U.S;
- Be at least 19 years old;
- Show proof of bona fide residency in any state in the U.S.;
- Show proof of high school graduation or the equivalent;
- Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Not have had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state within the past two years.
- After meeting the education and/or experience requirements, pass the licensing examination.
Additionally, a BROKER applicant must:
Successfully complete an approved 60 clock hour prelicense course.
Must have held an active real estate salesperson license in any state for at least 24 months of the 36-month period immediately preceding the date of application.
License Application Instructions
Click HERE to register for classes.